On Monday, April 9 the Tennessee Titans kicked off their offseason program.
There are some key dates on the horizon for the Titans franchise. The offseason program consists of a series of periods to prepare players and build team camaraderie. For instance, there is the voluntary minicamp, the team OTA workouts and the required mandatory minicamp.
From April 24 to April 26 the team will be having voluntary minicamp.
In May and June there will be organized team activity offseason workouts. The initial session will be May 21-22. Two days later there will be a session on May 24. The third period will be May 29-30. When June rolls around there will be two sessions in early June. The first one will be June 1, and the second will be from June 4-7.
The Titans mandatory minicamp will kick off June 12 and will go until June 14.
The NFL Players Association website provides some offseason rules and stipulations.
Rules are as follows:
- “Workouts cannot begin prior to the first Monday in April for clubs with a new head coach or the third Monday in April for all other clubs.”
- “Workouts are strictly voluntary; Club officials cannot indicate workouts are anything other than voluntary.”
- “Maximum 4 w/o per week (no weekends), with one week being the mandatory minicamp (not permitted on weekends).”
- “Contact work is prohibited in all workouts (e.g. “live” blocking, tackling, pass rushing, bump-and-run, etc.).”
- “Intensity and tempo of drills should be at a level conducive to learning, with player safety as the highest priority.”